Spreading love and joy is harder than it looks. Or is it?
It’s time for some fun writing today. As hard as I work on my attitude, being happy and positive sometimes is a lot of work. The people I love the most are my greatest sources of joy and happiness, and I make wanted to make sure I tell them today how much I love them.
Despite feeling stupid, I sent four of my kids’ text messages just to say how much I love them. Two of them do not have phones, and I am still working on the last two. To my husband and to my two children without phones, I’ll write handwritten letters.
When I wrote them, I thought of my husband’s “I love you” texts. Although it may seem trite, receiving an “I love you” from him always makes me smile! Every time.
If you think back to a time when your children, your mother, or your spouse told you they loved you, how did you feel? Is there a warm, happy feeling inside you after reading it?
So, I challenge you to send someone close to you an “I love you” message, regardless of how goofy it might seem.
Here’s my best list of copy-and-paste texts to send to brighten someone’s day. After I type these up, I’m sending all ten of these out to somebody. As I am writing them, I am thinking of special people. I went through my phone list. So please know if you’re on the receiving end of my top 10 list it’s because I ACTUALLY LOVE YOU! I decided to make 11 because I got one for a fellow and I can’t send “I love you” because um, yeah, that could be totally misconstrued.
(If you did not receive a message, it’s also not because I don’t love you. I know my friends and which ones are goofy, and which ones are not so goofy. So, my non-goofy messages do not get shared publicly on the internet.)
My random I love you list
- Hey random stranger, I mean my dearest friend. I just wanted to send you a message to tell you how much I love you. I think you are the best thing since sliced bread. Girl, just kidding you know I love you. Now go pay attention and see what spot you made on my love you list!
- Hi ho, husband. I just wanted you to know I think you’re sexy and don’t worry I don’t want anything. I know that’s what you’re thinking. Well, except maybe you…. Love ya, babe!
- To my second born, since you’re the weirdo like me, I’m sharing my love with you publicly in my love list. I hope you know how much I love you, all your quirks and all!
- Yodalahehooo, this one’s for you. Hiya chica. I’m sending out love and rainbow and sunshine and sprinkles today. Somebody told me you needed some positive energy. I love you. I hope you know it! Thanks for cheering me up when I’m down and hope my silly text makes you smile.
- Working on my list today of people I love the most, if there is such a thing. You made the top 5! I can always count on you to listen to my bitching and never share my dirt. I think you’re the best and I just wanted you to know how much I love you.
- Today’s goal was spreading happiness and joy and telling the people that are kind to me in my life how much I love them. I just wanted to take some time today to let you know you were one of those people. I love you, in a non-weird way.
- Okay, fellow crazy lady! Thank you so much for keeping me sane for the past couple of weeks. You have become a good friend to me. It’s probably too early for the “I love you” message, but what the hell, sending you love too. I love you!
- Who writes random love notes better than me? You’re due for one. Even though my song didn’t make your top ten, giving this another go. I’m bored today so sending love to everyone. I’ll write a better song next time. I’m still working on the title. Miss you, love you. ~ Teresa, the one and only! (Oh, and this one may be featured on my blog, but I promise you will remain nameless.)
- Boy oh! Sharing crazy love notes is harder than it looks. Today, I’m sharing my love with all my friends. There are only 10, so it can’t be that hard. Anyhow, you made my top 10, just barely. (Just kidding.) So, sending out my love. Hope you know I love you. I know you will read this (this being my blog post) so when you read the text it’ll be funnier. Well, maybe not. I’ll try harder to be less boring next week. Lord knows it’s boring without me. LOVE YOU! You are seriously the best.
- Last but not least, tada I love you! Weird way to start a message, right? Not really, it is from me. So I’m doing that random happiness and joy thing I like to do and sending you a hola from outer space. Love you! Hope your day is fantastic and you are getting by without me. Toodaloo.
- You’re extra on my list for today. Sending out random acts of joy and kindness. Most people got “I love yous”, but that’d be weird, so you get “You make the workday less boring!”, and “Thanks for not being a drab”. You also may be featured as number 11 on my joy and happiness and sunshine and BS list. Hope you are all surviving without me. Tata for now and have a fantastic day!
Okay, that’s all she wrote for today! And to my fan club, you know that I’m actually sending these. Sorry I’ve been quiet. Hope today’s a great one! You all are truly the best!
2 thoughts on “Spreading love and joy is harder than it looks”
It’s always funny how people enter your life and how they make a difference in your life
(Could be good or could be bad)
I whole heartedly believe our paths crossed for a reason, evidently we are good for each other! ❤️ Honored to be in your love note selection today. I love you too, you definitely make life interesting. Happy to be your co-worker and friend. I can always count on you to make me laugh.
True as it may be – laugher is the best best medicine.
P.S. Really Love your Brain and one we share.
Awe. Thanks for saying hi on my blog :). Love ya girl!